Here we are at Easter weekend, and things are moving right along with the wedding planning!
Up until spring break, I was already burnt out on looking for a place to have the ceremony/reception! Therefore, we realized how well-needed our spring break vacation to the beach house was!
Mark and I sharing a moment at the beach!
Since we have been back, we have been in full wedding mode! Let's see ...
We are planning our engagement party for May 19 of 2007.
We decided to splurge for a wedding planner ... her name is Chris (Christine) Garrett, and she is amazing! Her mantra is "stress free", and she told me of ways that I get to meet some of the vendors ... such as through a luncheon with my Mom and maid of honor and/or bridesmaids, while getting to know three or so photographers!
We have decided that the wedding is going to be at the Heard-Craig Center for the Arts in McKinney, Texas. It's within our budget and very pretty!
The Heard-Craig image ...
The girls will be getting ready in the Carriage House (we'll have it all to ourselves)! The downstairs is a nice sitting area, kitchen and bathroom, while the upstairs has a big room with one entire wall being a mirror, and a bathroom ... and a window that looks out directly on Katie's Garden (we can see the guests as they arrive)!
The Carriage House ...
The ceremony will be in Katie's Garden, which is a circular shaped lawn with flowers all around it and a gazebo at the back!
Half of Katie's Garden and the Carriage House ...
Then, the reception will be across the street from the house in the Ballroom! It's just a huge super pretty room with a stage and all! Although, I don't know how well the stage will be used by our guests! I'm not a getting up on stage kind of girl! =) Downstairs is where the boys will be getting ready! I don't have a picture of the ballroom!
We have also decided that the wedding will be May 17 of 2008, if all goes as planned!
And something I'm actually quite excited about - I, of course, want music during the ceremony. I mean, I am a part of the Sanders family who includes at least four musical genius'! But the problem is, that outside in Katie's Garden, there is no way to have music! My Mom just informed me that we will have strings, possibly a string quartet! I also have yet to ask my cousin to sing! I don't even know where to begin there! My Mom says "It wouldn't be a Sanders wedding without asking your cousin to sing, Haley!" ... I know this!! =)
We went dress shopping yesterday -- just to look, to get a feel of what style looks best, and the like! We went to a place that used to be David's Bridal, but is now Bridal Co. which basically houses dress rejects from the nicer stores! Seriously, there were beads falling off of the dresses, most of the loops to loop up the lace were broken, etc ... but those were usually off of the dresses that you had to order in your size! It was fun ... I only found one dress that fit and I thought to be decent ... it gave me a figure, which I didn't know I had! I don't wear anything strapless, but ironically, the strapless seems to work pretty well! I have over a year! No rush for me! Heheee!
Well I have to say I am fully enjoying ripping pages out of magazines of dresses/hairstyles/accessories I love! I am going to organize them today!
Our goal for the weekend is to set the time of the wedding, and finalize the colors! This is going to be interesting! My personal goal is to get Mark more interested in the details! Notice he wasn't mentioned much in this post? His life has been fishing and work, as of late! =)
On a side note ... there is a high of 37 today, and snow is in the forecast. It's April in Texas ...
<3>

No comments:
Post a Comment