So, as you now know, Mark and I are engaged after four wonderful years of dating! I could not be happier, and I know that Mark feels the same way ... which makes this experience absolutely incredible in every way possible!
The pictures:
The shirt says it all!
The amazing ring (don't laugh at my fingers)! The story:
Apparently he has had the ring for quite a while ... he signed the papers for it while 'golfing' and then trekked over to my parents house to keep it hidden away from my prying eyes! From what he tells me, it was supposed to happen Saturday night when we were in Dallas but things did not go as planned and Sunday morning, he could not wait any longer! So I got up to get a drink and came back to snuggle ... then he got up to go in to the bathroom. He came back out and sat on the bed just chatting with me and I pointed out that his shirt was on backwards and laughed! We both got a good laugh out of it and as he turned it around I saw his shirt read "Will you marry me?" (see the picture)! I giggled and asked if he was serious as he was getting down on one knee and asking me to be with him forever. He opened the box and I was completely blown away (see the picture, kind of) ... I had seen this ring before but certainly not in the same light! A picture just does not do it justice! The center stone is a one carat round cut and the setting itself has a half a carat in diamonds. The whole thing is just amazing - you have to see it to believe how perfect it it - how perfect the entire day was!
We have not yet talked about dates or anything of the sort ... we just went to enjoy being engaged, for a little while, at least! I am by far the luckiest girl in the world to have found such an incredible person to spend the rest of my life with ...
things are good! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment